Who We Are
P.O. Box 1939
Marco Island, FL 34146 Email us: email@example.com Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
12085 SR29 South
Immokalee, FL 34142 Tel: 239-657-8001
The Purpose of the Friends of the Florida Panther Refuge(‘Friends’) is to support the goals of the Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge (FPNWR) and promote a better understanding and appreciation of the National Wildlife Refuge System.
The FPNWR was established under the Endangered Species Act to protect the Florida panther and its habitat, conserve fish, wildlife, and plants which are listed as endangered and/or threatened, as well as for managing, conserving, and protecting fish and wildlife resources.
The Friends will achieve this purpose primarily through education, outreach advocacy, and being an active partner in Refuge projects. Our efforts will be concentrated on protecting the native flora and fauna found in the FPNWR. A further goal of our efforts will be to conserve, protect, and restore the Florida panther and its habitat within its historic range.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these By-Laws, the purposes for which this organization is formed is exclusively charitable and educational within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.
Board of Directors
- Nick Lefkow, President
- John Courtright, Vice President
- Elizabeth Fleming, Advocacy Chair
- Beth Courtright, Community Outreach and Volunteer Chair
- Becca Bryan, Media Chair, Panther Tales Editor
- Cathy Connolly, Membership Chair
- Mary Helen Reuter, Merchandise Chair
- Mac Hatcher – Treasurer, Editor, Florida Panther Update
- Ben Nottingham, USFWS firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Godsea, USFWS Kevin_godsea@fws.org
- Jessica Sutt, Friends Liaison USFWS email@example.com